Therefore we are buried
with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up
from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should
walk in newness of life. (Romans 6:4)
What follows baptism? What are our duties as Christians?
Christian has a Duty to Himself.
- To keep himself unspotted. (James 1:27)
- To present his body a living sacrifice. (Romans
- To save himself. (Acts 2:40; Philippians 2:12)
Christian has a Duty to His Family.
- To support his family. (2 Thessalonians 3:10-11;
1 Timothy 3:8)
- To love his family. (Ephesians 5:25, 28; Titus
- To train his children. (Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians
Christian has a Duty to His Neighbor.
- To love his neighbor. (Galatians 5:13-15)
- To teach his neighbor. (Matthew 28:19-20; Hebrews
- To good to his neighbor. (Galatians 6:10)
Christian has a Duty to His Enemy.
- To love his enemy. (Matthew 5:43-45)
- To forgive his enemy. (Matthew 6:14-15; Mark
- To do good to his enemies. (Romans 12:19-21)
Christian has a Duty to His Government.
- To pray for those in power. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
- To support the government. (Romans 13:6-7; Matthew
- To obey the government. (1 Peter 2:13-14; Romans
Christians Duty to the Church.
- To assemble. (Hebrews 10:25)
- To give (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
- To let their light shine. (Matthew 5:16; 1 Timothy
4:12; Philippians 2:15-16)
Let us hear the conclusion
of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this
is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment,
with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
So likewise ye, when ye
shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We
are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty
to do. (Luke 17:10)
Sunday morning Troy Wheeler was baptized into Christ. Be sure to
remember him in your prayers as he begins his new life in Christ.
Last Sunday evening following the services of the Adonkrono church
- a taxi hit a pedestrian in front of the church building.
While members were gathering to assist the victim - another vehicle
drove through the crowd hitting a number of individuals.
church members were rushed to the hospital in Akwatia.
One has died and three are still in the hospital with serious injuries.
keep the victims, their families and the church in your prayers.